Monday 14 April 2014

Hmmm.....found this post down the back of the couch

* Note to self....make sure to press publish not save.

Lets go back in time to last Monday........

Well I should have known better and got out for a run this morning while the sun shone!
It was lashing this evening as I left the house so I got halfway to the curragh and turned back. Lame I know! In my defense I only had a recovery run on the schedule today as I ended up doing my 12 miler yesterday afternoon.  Consequently I couldn't have been less interested in going out getting frozen and soaked for the sake of a few miles.  I came home, did some dynamic stretches and strengthening exercises for the hips followed by 30 minutes of lunges, squats, planks etc until I had a nice sweat worked up.  I'm so unmotivated to do this stuff normally that I sort of need it to be raining before I'll do it so silver lining right there!!

After my turn helping out at Parkrun on Saturday I was unable to summon up the motivation to do my long run in horrible weather and with visitors expected in a few hours.  So a mildly hungover Sunday long run it was!  Went much better than I deserved considering.


No comments:

Post a Comment