Monday 4 November 2019

Running after a pulmonary embolism (PE)

It seems to be a trend in this little blog of mine that I abandon writing here until there is so much to document that I don't know where to start! The most important piece of information, for now, is that five days ago I was diagnosed with unprovoked bilateral pulmonary embolism. This was shocking, as it would be for anyone, but as an active person, one of my first instincts was to find out how this was going to affect my running and how others had coped with it. To be honest there is not a lot of information out there and I thought it might be useful, even just for my future self, to document my progress through the acute phase of this disease and my eventual return to wellness or fitness in whatever form that takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment