Tuesday 8 May 2018

A prolonged pause

Are you there Blog? It's me, Lisa. I have just read back through my last few posts from 2015 and it really does feel a lifetime ago since I wrote here, and at the same time only just out of reach - much like my fitness and mental health!

I have decided to get back to writing this little log as I miss the act of writing for its' own sake, and I'm far too disorganised to start an actual journal. I want to come here to document my journey back to wellness. In many ways, this has already begun; the return to health, to job satisfaction, and to personal fulfillment. One baby step at a time. Not asking for much am I?

The last few years have certainly not been all bad, on the contrary, there has been so much to be grateful for. So very much of everything that my poor old battered brain went into overload like the robot on Lost in Space (the old one) and forgot how to chill the eff out.

Things to be grateful for:

  • I am in good physical health, a bit anaemic, but who isn't?
  • I have two kids in college doing things they enjoy.
  • My partner is funny, kind, gentle, loyal and loving. Also handsome. 
  • I have good friends, close-by who are busy but supportive. 
  • The above-mentioned college education is not bankrupting me as yet.
  • I have no major consumer debt. 
  • My job is ok.
  • I'm not that out of shape. 
This is a lot! I am so very lucky....but of course, I would like to be able to upgrade this slightly, just not at the expense of losing any of the above. How about all of the above but not anaemic and in good running shape? It's a deal! 






No comments:

Post a Comment